Could I for example hang a banner out the windows with "No salesmen, no beggars, no vote grabbing wankers" on it?
Which of the following are illegal when canvassers come to the door
1) Spraying them with a super soaker full of urine.
2) Informing them quietly "I will never vote for you/your ridiculous cunt of a candidate as long as I live and I shall devote my life to ensuring that they never get into office, nor their children nor their children's children to the seventh generation"
3) Threatening them with a sword (gothwalk, I need to borrow a sword)
4) Screaming profanities at them like a madman
5) Answering the door naked but for some rosettes covering strategic areas. The rosettes will be for a different party to the one canvassing (some preperation required)
And FYI folks, remember, the green and labour party voted in bin charges too, if that's an issue for you. Also remember how Fianna Fail, Fine Gael and the Progressive Democrats all got together to make sure 100,000 american troops bound for Iraq and Afghanistan were allowed to pass through Shannon Airport.
Which sort of leaves me short on options...