2) Respond to her concerns about "not being ready" by telling her that its a risk and life is all about taking risks.
3) To make the point, take off all your clothes and jump out the window, streak across the road.
4) Notice that some people are coming up the street and you won't get back to the house without being spotted.
5) Hide in bushes.
6) Get spotted by a bloke passing the other way who sees your bare feet poking out of the bushes. Have it (reasonably) assumed that you're some sort of naked pervert.
7) Get chased out of the bushes and run away. Refuse to stop when the bloke tells you that he is a military drill sergant.
8) Run faster when he starts pulling out a gun and yelling at you.
9) Have the bloke take a few shots. Later discover that he was never in the military, had no license for the gun and was going to spend quite some time in prison.
Thing is, I can't honestly say I wouldn't do the same thing if I were in his position.