1. What did you do in 2004 that you'd never done before?
A bunch of things. Went to portugal, learned some 3D stuff. Nothing earth shattering really.
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't bother with them too much, I never take them seriously when I DO make them. I guess the location I'm typing this from would imply that I didn't do the "quitting" thing I had intended but there's still time (if the opportunity actually arises)
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Not close to ME no, but several people I know were affected by close deaths.
5. What countries did you visit?
Portugal and Scotland.
6. What would you like to have in 2005 that you lacked in 2004?
7. What date from 2004 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
I'm terrible with dates, I suppose the day the US presidential election results were announced was the big one since it summoned the dreadful spectre of losing a 50 quid bet to cartographer and another 10 to metalrabbit. Oh, and whatever date it was that we got burgled. That one sucked.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Achievement wise, 2004 was a dead loss, but I have high standards for what counts as an achievement. I was pretty chuffed with getting those first six pages of Unholy Wars out I guess.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Unholy Wars again, I honestly thought I'd be done with it by now but circumstances beyond my control sort of put the knackers on that.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Did my back in once or twice, came down with a nasty case of conjunctivitis. Spent a good chunk of the year being bored out of my tree really.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Poser 4.03 I reckon, it opened up whole new dimensions for me as a wannabe artist and eased me into concepts like lighting, camerawork and 3D primitives.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
No one especially stands out, probably because the little socialising I do is with particularly cool people.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Christ... don't get me started. Suffice it to say that I got sold out a couple of times during the year. Thankfully it all involved work. See the previous comment about only maintaining contact with particularly cool people. 
14. Where did most of your money go?
Food, rent, bills, 3D rendering stuff, PC upgrades, plutonium.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
I don't really do excitable but I guess the whole 3D thing would count since I'm definitely enthusiastic about it (which is as close as I come)
16. What song will always remind you of 2004?
The Sex Pistols' version of "My Way"
17. Compared to this time last year, you are:
Calmer, less depressed, less sociable (I suspect the three are closely linked) Smarter, a lot more grown up, less given to flights of fancy, less eager to take on new tasks.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Writing, rendering, creative stuff in general. It's a hell of a release and what I attribute my new calmer outlook to.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Played PS2 games. Not that I felt the time was wasted in and of itself but because it BECAME wasted when the damned thing was nicked. Anyone with a *spark* of humanity would have dumped the damned memory card before stuffing the console in their bag... actually *my* fucking bag.
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
At home, with the family.
21. What was the most embarrassing thing that happened to you in 2004?
No regrets baby. I did some stupid stuff but none of it embarasses me.
22. Did you fall in love in 2004?
I could say "Every time I saw metalrabbit again" but then I'd have to beat the living hell out of myself.
23. How many one-night stands?
24. What was your favorite TV program?
Firefly or Millennium. Depends on the mood I'm in when you ask me. Firefly was flat out cool but millennium outdid it in a few ways.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
I suppose the frenchman counts here. Since the arrival of the goons I've realised that while he was a jackass he was not as intentionally or wilfully stupid or ignorant as these two.
(edit) got that one backwards. I no longer hate the frenchman. I DO hate the morons.
26. What was the best book you read?
The Zombie Survival Hanbook. Even if it did make me realise that I'd last about five minutes in a zombie apocalypse.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
I don't think anything particularly stirred me this year but then I always find that some artists or songs sound great the first time but quickly get stale.
28. What did you want and get?
Almost everything. I wasn't big on self denial this year.
29. What did you want and not get?
A new job, preferably in something interesting or creative.
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
Shaun of the Dead.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I was 27 and metalrabbit took me out to dinner. I was in a bit of a funk because of the burglary earlier that week and the food was extra cool because it was the first resteraunt meal I'd had since my whole blocked sinuses thing was resolved (and before it returned).
32.What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
A time machine with a crowbar stuck to the outside.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2004?
34. What kept you sane?
Actually I'm not certain I got through the year with all my marbles.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
There was that dream where I chased Bertie Ahern around a local centra with a boning knife but beyond that I can't say I've given public figures much thought this yeah. They mostly piss me off anyway.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
As far as I am concerned the whole thing can disappear up its own hole. I'll be spoiling my vote from here on out and that's just to keep people quiet because they don't seem to understand the concept of abstaining.
37. Who did you miss?
metalrabbit. Cork is a bugger of a long way.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
I don't remember meeting many new people actually. Met quite a few I thought could benefit from a kick in the neck though. I don't believe in singling people out for praise or abuse though, except in extreme circumstances.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2004.
What the fuck is this? Family Ties?
When going for a promotion, lie about your motivations and assume you have no chance of getting the job if the interviewer has submitted the CV of a friend.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
"Piss off you pseudo psychological artsy prick" do you know that one?
 Which is not to say that my not keeping in contact means I think you are a shit. I just don't make much of an effort because *I* am a bit of a shit.